Wednesday, May 26, 2010



The purpose of this blog is to publish information and photos of what I believe to be a very historical artifact which was the Personal Seal of as yet unidentified Indian Leader whose image is engraved in amber on bottom part of seal.

I have identified the amber as having come from Santo Domingo in Dominican Republic making it 25-40 million years old. There are at least two full inclusions (insects) embedded in the amber with parts of many others. One of the insects is just opposite the nose of the Indian. It is facing south and you can identify the head, eyes, legs, body and tail, and excrement coming out of tail.
The other insect is in the basket in lower left side.

I believe from my research of last three years that the Indian was a High Priest possibly from a tribe along the Amazon River. His profile sits atop a woven basket in which can be seen the bodies of two snakes weaving in and out of basket, culminating with their heads sticking out of basket.

From a book entitled Singing and Weaving which I researched at Museum Of Natural History in NYC I learned that some tribes along the Amazon believed the Basket was the Shaman's only weapon for with it he could transform it into any kind of monster he desired and kill all his enemies.

Notice that there is a platform under the Indian's head on which a small house sits. Some of the tribes along the Amazon referred to their leaders as Head Of The House, and I believe that this house sitting under the head of the Indian symbolizes that.

There is a second platform below the first one on which sits some kind of an emblem which I do date have not been able to see too clearly, which I believe would indicate Indian's rank and status.

The same is true of emblem on center of headdress.

For what it may be worth, I have been told by two experts, one in US and one in Peru, that the bottom part of seal may be three to four thousand years old!

On a trip last year to Peru, I learned from an Antiquities Expert that the very ornate headdress worn by this Indian was the type worn by High Priests during Special Ceremonies. I also saw this same headdress on a Mass Vestment dating back to the sixteenth century in a museum in Cusco Peru.

I am hoping to be able to post a photo of my Mystery Man with this blog.

In my next blog, I will describe and post a photo of top part of seal which is incredible for what is on it.
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment